Thread: Make or Break !
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzhead View Post
Hi Guys,
Auditioned the famed, almost mythical Lamm ML3 recently at a dealer. Was hoping for a healthy dose of SET magic , and all that has been penned wondrous about this amplifier. It was paired with the Magico Q7 another superstar . Alas the pairing was not to be, such a disaster at the box office never have I been privy to . While there was a purity to vocals , dynamic resolve, ambience retrieval and the expected flow to proceedings amongst other factors was sorely missing. The surprising thing was that this was just plain evident even on a cursory first listen . As to how the dealer in question can demo two such high priced tickets when incompatible is the glaring question . It can most certainly make or break the brands following , for one not inclined to give them the benefit of a mismatch
I would like to hear from members who have experienced these products and especially the Lamm ML3 in more favourable surroundings . Does it really inhabit and justify, the rarefied status that it has been accorded

Happy Listening
First, thanks for taking the pics, great to see.

Second, I wish I had a nearby dealer that carried that level of gear, even if it sounded ho-hum.

To bad about the pairing, they look great together though.