Thread: New Classic 1
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT350Z View Post
I calibrated my digital scale and removed the CI weight, VTF now reads 2.4g. Thank you for the assistance. Second question, adjusting the azimuth the manual is rather vague. I think I know the ring it refers to but unsure how to make the adjustments. The two weights that stick out from the ring do not seem to unscrew.
I believe that on the Classic 1 the outrigger weights do not unscrew, I think that's only on the Classic 3/signature for fine adjustment. VPI provides the small metal rod which rests on the headshell so you can measure and make sure the distance to the platter on each side is exactly the same. You rotate the counterweight left and right in order to achieve this, but the trick is that rotating the counterweight will change your VTF unless you have extremely steady fingers, but I would count on it changing it to some degree, so you have to play with it and be patient until you get it right. Double checking you azimuth is easy if you have access to a Fozgometer, but if not, measuring and listening is your best tool. It's trial and error to get it right, but once you do, your center image should lock in place.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3