View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 08:18 AM

Jerome, I checked the manual and there is no need to change bias after inserting new 300B tubes on the preamp. However, one may calibrate the negative feedback used on the tube if there is an imbalance in volume. I can not detect any imbalance with the new tubes.

Alberto, you also must have a really great system. Unfortunately, I have never listened to Shindo, but I have read great things about it. Sandringham on the other hand I know and it is a great speaker.

Kev313, no problem you liking phy speakers, so no need to apologize. I have heard Musical Affair speakers with phy drivers, very musical but not very dynamic. This could be otherwise with yours. Tannoy needing a lot of power is a statement that is not totally accurate. Kensington is rated at 93dB, which seems correct, and with a little bit of negative feedback (4dB) it has no problem at all being driven by 11 Manley single-ended watts :-). I think general statements about speakers are problematic, there is always best to check a specific amplifier with a specific speaker: there are a lot parameters involved, as impedance, negative feedback, class a or ab, single-ended, push-pull - besides power.

Magoo, thanks!