View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 05:35 PM

Default Momentum Preamp update

New Momentum preamp is in the system! So far I’m hearing better imaging (not hugely different, but noticeable), a more balanced and smoother sound, and fuller bass. Vinyl is especially benefiting. The Linn digital sound direct to the amp was very good, but the Linn as a preamp for vinyl can’t hold a candle to the Momentum. I’m very happy with the results so far. My wife thinks it sounds great and looks beautiful too, always a good thing.

Only one hiccup - the remote doesn’t work. I have a call in to the dealer but he’s off until Tuesday. It’s not a huge inconvenience to get up to change the volume occasionally and probably good for me, but it will be nice to have it working. I think they just packed the wrong remote, the new update is supposed to use RF and the pre has a small antenna on the back, but the remote I got has a cutout on the front that looks like an IR transmitter. Oh well.

D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2

Last edited by Antonmb; 03-31-2019 at 05:45 PM.