View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post

I just got cheated on the internet

I'v been looking for Krell 350mc or 450mcx. In eBay I found a pair of 450 mcx from a man in Corsica, France. He was living in Ajaccio he sid. I'v got pictures, serial numbers and everything was ok. I'v been to Ajaccio (were Napolion was born) and we discussed the aria a bit. It all looked fine so I payed through PayPal. The seller were to give me tracking number and so. Then he responded that there was a problem... I froze. I'v just used PayPal to vinyl records and this was a bit scary. I was fooled.

I felt bad about it, angry and a bit foolish. So I started to se what I could do about it. Before any conclusions and less than 12 ours later I'v got an e-mail from a man in Finland. He said that he got my money from PayPal and wondered why? He wondered if they were from his seller and for paying some taxes for his amps that were stuck in Turkey. (Thats another very complicated story). He was told that money were to come from a friend in som relation to the seller. I explained my situation and he had no 450mcx to sell and payed my money back instantly. Though, he had payed for Audionet Amps and were told to pay those taxes as well. We figured out that we had the same seller and that he made a quite impressive scam. It's even more to this matter but this was a summary of it.

I'v never bought used HiFi-goods from outside Sweden before. And the lesson is that it's very risky business. I'v been very lucky this time. But it was really close.
I will probably not do this again unless extreme precautions are made.

Be careful out there guys.
Carl I would report this to eBay. I thought they had some liability in something like this. Glad things worked out and you did not lose money. Keep looking!

Best,

Charles