View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 08:49 AM

That's a good question. I have optimized my hardware at this point, but am forced to use a sub-optimal room.

I'm thinking about permanent bass traps in three corners, permanent traps on the front wall, and three movable 3x3' traps for the side reflective points and back wall. These three places are covered with very large banks of windows. I currently have pretty thick curtains that may be helping some. I would move in the 3 traps when I wanted a good listening session.

The sound is very good now. No real complaints. The acoustics create some fatigue that I would like to eliminate. I don't know what the effects of these treatments will be, but I'm hopeful and always looking to tweak the system for improvement.

After all his typing it occurs to me that I should spend some time moving different combinations of curtains up and down.
The speakers are tall ported line-arrays. Not sure if that means I should or shouldn't trap the front wall, or should or shouldn't worry about the main reflection points.

After all this typing it occurs to me that I know nothing about room accoustics. :-)