View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 05:27 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmd2010 View Post
Dan..

Sorry I meant the N100H. This actually comes in 4TB storage for 3000 as well. It looks like the N10 is 8000. Reviewed the brochure (thanks so much for posting) and it looks like the N10 also provides additional noise reduction and DSD conversion, which isn't an issue for me as my DAC (the C52) supports DSD.

Aside from the storage upgrade on the N10, do you feel that the difference in price was justified?
docmd2010.......Absolutely, yes I do. There is much more to the N10 than the storage difference you mentioned. I prefer having the separate linear power supplies for the digital and audio sections. I prefer the sophisticated proprietary SPDIF digital circuits that include Aurender's field programmable gate array phase locked loop system and ultra accurate oven controlled crystal oscillator clock. My interest centers on the coaxial SPDIF output to my DAC, not USB. None of these features are provided with the N100H. I like the 240GB SSD cache versus the 140GB SSD cache on the N100H, and I prefer the 4TB of hard drive storage. The main motherboard is different and provides features unavailable on the N100H. I also prefer the full sized case and twin AMOLED displays. The N10 delivers a superior performance that has been testified to by a number of N100H owners who have upgraded to the Aurender N10. The N10 is an all together different and improved music server when compared to the N100H. Only you can make the decision about value versus price. I am comfortable with respect to the features and performance being worth it.

The good thing is the Aurender N100H sounds very good, uses the same excellent Aurender Conductor app including Tidal integration, provides NAS capability, and comes at a more reasonable price point that makes it very attractive. The N100H output is USB 2.0 only for those interested in that type of DAC connection.

In case you missed it, click here read my Aurender N10 Caching Music Server review

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A