View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomania View Post
I may have missed it on the JL Site but it would certanly be nice to see a measurement comparing the speed of the various subs they offer (impulse response I think is the term, errr or maybe it's rise time).

This has been the main factor in me not being able to decide on which sub of theirs to get. About 50% of me wants to get multiple f110's and the other 50% of me is in a stale mate between the f112 or f113

The main concern with the f110 is its ability to keep up in terms of SPL output when played loudly next to my main speakers. I've seen some measurements in the past on the f110 that suggest it starts to fall apart like a cheap suit just around 100db or so.

The larger subs don't have such an issue but purchasing two of them is a bit of an issue for me at least. Looking at the cost differences between the X 3 main offerings (f110,f112,f113) I can see that the biggest expense is the purchase of the 10" model itself and then the next upgrades beyond the price of the f110 are only $900 apart from each other. Because of this, it almost seems like the f113 is the only choice for someone already commited to getting one of these subs to begin with.

Err... I see what I did there. I've exposed the twisted logic of an audiophile to convince himself the only option is the best and most expensive one