View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Paul.......Wall mounting a turntable has never struck me as a sensible way to control vibration. Most interior walls vibrate considerable more than floors.
Hey Dan, I'm not a structural engineer, but my experience is the exact opposite. My turntable is mounted to the second and third studs perpendicular to the center structural beam of my house with wooden floors.

Zero vibration to my turntable and jumping up and down causes no issues. Footfalls are known problems for turntables on stands though and not for turntables mounted to perpendicular walls.

As for wall induced vibrations, I don't know what that is compared to floor induced vibrations and my subwoofer is on the floor.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub

Last edited by Poppyhome; 11-09-2018 at 03:28 PM. Reason: grammar