View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones13 View Post
Long time lurker here. Finally tired of some other sites, and a many year diversion into DIY.

I currently have my fathers old McIntosh MC60 amplifiers getting a full electrical update, and getting excited to get them (still awaiting a few caps to show up). These will replace a DIY Aleph J amp that I built several years back. I am/was working on a monoblock pair of VFet amps, but the arrival of the MC60s kind of took the wind out of that effort. So I took down the work table, and cleaned up the man cave. Actually listening to music again. Some record cleaning today.

I am looking about for a new box though. I want to simplify my system somewhat in the source department. I do use my system for 2.0 video watching. I have several video sources, and an HDMI switcher (4K+HDR) that outputs an SPDIF for sound. I have a very good phono pre, and use uRendu into my DAC.

I currently use an i7 NUC as my Roon Server, I would consider a better “music server” if I can’t get an appropriate streamer in the new box. I must have Roon, and I really want to continue to upsample to DSD256, but this is certainly not a requirement.

Currently considering:
1) Vinnie Rossi LIO
2) Mytek Manhattan II
3) Bricasti M12
4) MSB Discrete DAC (unsure if they will have an analog input option)
5) McIntosh C2600 vs C52

All these have pluses and minuses. Kind of wide array prices as well.

I am open to advice, and other suggestions.

I like smooth, yet accurate, sound. I have a subwoofer, but decidedly don’t like a boomy bass heavy sound. I have a 9.5x14 heavily treated room. My musical tastes are varied, including Jazz, Rock, some Country, etc. (depends on the mood)

Pictures of my space will be forthcoming once the MC60s are in place, and everything is cleaned up.
So did you ever move forward with anything or did you audition any of these?