View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Hi Soundmig,
Respectfully disagree (just a little bit! ). My Dyns are 4 ohm nominal and 86 dB @ 1watt and if I were to hazard a guess, the Aegir would drive them to very satisfactory SPLs just fine. Why? Because most of my listening is done at average of approx 70dB or so. I would estimate 85% is between 65-75 dB, and 95% is at 65-80dB. Once the SPLs get past 82 or 83 dB, I'm reaching for the volume control. No way I'd be listening at 87dB (except for very occasional loud transients). YMMV, of course, based on the size of the room, but, when one does most of their listening between 68-72 dB (with notably less than 1 watt of power would be required), 20 watts of Class A power at 8 Ohms and 40Wpc at 4 ohms should be more than enough for most people, most of the time.

Cheers, PC
Given your listening level habits - Aegir would be more than enough and I know that you would like the sound My dedicated listening room is small, but (having mixed one too many an album at too high of an SPL) I tend to listen quite a bit louder than you do, so I may try two Aegir's in mono? I can always send the second one back if it isn't working out. Hmmm .... then again, I haven't yet found myself wanting more volume, so I guess I'll hold at one Aegir for now