Thread: JL Audio guts!
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddeophile View Post
How’d you get the back plate off? My understanding is there’s some type of goo used to insulate and stop rattling or something. I’ve had two F113s die this way with the same part on the amp panel vibe bad. Two out of three subs is not a good ratio in my opinion but I did love the subs when they were working.
I ended up seeking two subs and have one left that is dead in the room the past few years due to the same issue and I can’t lift or deal with the weight to ship either so it sits DOA.

I’d be very interested how you pryed the panel off.

Thx

I am not sure about the F113 but in the v2. Place the sub face down. Remove all the “perimeter” screws. Do not remove the screws that are not on the “outer” perimeter of the back plate amp. On the F113v2, I removed 16 screws in total. Once all screws are removed get two smooth locking pliers/vice grips. Grip one of the heat sinks on opposite sides. Use a cloth between the teeth and the sinks to prevent scratches on the heat sinks. Gently use the grips to lift the amp plate straight up. Be careful not to over lift. Once loose/lifted use a wedge to keep it up ( something that will not damage the finish. Locate and disconnect the wires to free the amp plate. Lift up again with the grips and it should come right out. Hope this helps.

For me the hardest part was making sure I didn’t scratch the finish. Take your time and having a friend around will make things a lot easier. Especially when locating the wires to disconnect and free the amp plate.

Cheers!
Melco N1ZH60/2 ---> EtherRegen ---> Bricasti M1 SE DAC ---> ASR Emitter II Exclusive Version Blue w/Battery PSU ---> Eggleston Andra III speakers rolling on Stillpoints Ultra 5's ----> Dual Rythmik E15 Subs ---> all tied together Via MIT MA-X RCA IC and MIT Matrix SHD120 Rev.2 Bi-Wire speaker cables.