Thread: Soulution Amps
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio diver View Post
Thank you, cmarin. I am trying to understand what are the differences between the 710 and 711. Unfortunately the distributor in my country does not stock the 711 so listening to them would mean to travel to Switzerland. You say in one of the posts that the newer model is faster and more transparent than the older versions. Since the 710 is extremely fast and transparent, those are areas where I do not feel that progress is needed. But you also mention musicality and that's another matter. I find the Soulution 710 extremely good but they are slightly on the cold side (one needs to be very careful with cables). The comparison with the Dartzeel is very interesting. I find the Dart to be very musical but slightly euphonic. Further to that they need to be mated with efficient speakers, which is not what I have (Avalon Isis). Would you describe the 711 as "warmer" than the 710 (i.e., closer to the Dartzeel but without its limitations)? A further question concerns power. The 711 seems to be more powerful than the 710, with 150 against 120. Do they sound more powerful? The rest of my system is composed by a 721 pre, DCS Scarlatti (transport+clock)/Vivaldi (conversor + upsampler). Cables are Transparent and Kimber. Many thanks and congratulations on your great system
Thank you for the questions and kind words.

I'd say that the 711 is a significant step above the 710 in many areas. It has richer overall tone, larger soundstage, tighter and more differentiated bass, higher resolution/transparency and is more musical. With it's high current capacity, it gives you a sense of power without limits.

I wouldn't say warmer because warmer has the implication that it is more musical but at the expense of resolution. The 711 is more resolving and more musical at the same time.

And there's no question that just as with the Dart, there is a significant synergy in matching the 711amp with a Soulution pre. You can't judge the benefits of the 711 by listening to it without the 725 or 720 pre. The 711 would mate beautifully with your 721. And apparently the new 725 is a significant step up from the 720/721as well.

A friend of mine lent me an Ansuz power strip and two Diamond PCs. I swapped them out last night with the Jena Labs The One PCs that I had on the 711/720s.

The 711/720 combo sounded great before, but after the swap the noise floor dropped even more and produced even tighter bass/slam, transparency and soundstage. In my view, the 711 has tremendous headroom that can be captured with the right power cords/conditioning. speakers and room setup.