Thread: Soulution Amps
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio diver View Post
Thank you, cmarin.

I am trying to understand what are the differences between the 710 and 711. Unfortunately the distributor in my country does not stock the 711 so listening to them would mean to travel to Switzerland.

You say in one of the posts that the newer model is faster and more transparent than the older versions. Since the 710 is extremely fast and transparent, those are areas where I do not feel that progress is needed. But you also mention musicality and that's another matter.
I find the Soulution 710 extremely good but they are slightly on the cold side (one needs to be very careful with cables). The comparison with the Dartzeel is very interesting. I find the Dart to be very musical but slightly euphonic. Further to that they need to be mated with efficient speakers, which is not what I have (Avalon Isis).
Would you describe the 711 as "warmer" than the 710 (i.e., closer to the Dartzeel but without its limitations)?
A further question concerns power. The 711 seems to be more powerful than the 710, with 150 against 120. Do they sound more powerful?
The rest of my system is composed by a 721 pre, DCS Scarlatti (transport+clock)/Vivaldi (conversor + upsampler). Cables are Transparent and Kimber.

Many thanks and congratulations on your great system
I tried 720 preamp with my Dart amp and it was very bright. Not sure why.
I am not sure what you mean by euphonic. I think the Dart amp does 160 watts at 8 ohms. My speakers are 89db and I have never clipped my amp.