View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldominion View Post
I'm using Klipsch Cornwalls with my newish Inspire FireBottle Universal and LP 3.1 preamp; currently using the metal 6f6's in the output, which sound great. Pretty perfect through the spectrum. Great sparkle in the top end. Wonderful bass as well. A recommended pairing. The Cornies like power but can be driven very pleasantly with the few watts coming from the 6f6.

VERY puzzled with my Altec 604 8G's in 612 cabs. Would be curious to know if anyone else has run their Inspire with these? I purchased a pair earlier this spring and just cannot get them to sound right with any amp, including the Inspire...such a supposed classic pair of speakers, but, man, they are finicky. Have considered moving to bigger cabs, but at a certain point in this hobby you have to cut your losses! On a relatively small percentage of recordings, when paired with the Inspire, they sound so good it's almost creepy. But with the majority of recordings, I'd put it in the 70% range, they sound, as a friend mentioned, "like a giant AM radio"! This was not a compliment...Have tried with numerous amps, same results. Oh well.

Anyhow, loving these Had products. Impossible to imagine selling these as I've done with so many other amps/preamps/speakers, etc. Not many people praise Dennis for creating products with small footprints...I appreciate this greatly.
I would contact Great Plains Audio and discuss your Altec issue. They are the Altec Guru's.