View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Nice writeup Ed......but seriously, what in the world is up with the state of Washington and all The audiophiles? Not only on AA.....last year at RMAF it seemed like every other person that walked by had a lanyard with some town in Washington printed on it! Heck, metro Atlanta is almost twice the size of Seattle and I know one person....Jim (Weird Cuba). I know there has to be more of us here......wonder where they are? Mark is close in Greenville, SC. Maybe it’s the tech sector careers there? I can promise you it’s not due to a lack of music interest here, that’s for sure..... It’s a mystery to me.

- Buck
Buck, agree that Seattle does have an active audiophile scene more intense and active than typical. we have a pretty active local (inclusive and open-minded) audio club that meets monthly, and large DIY community, and more than our share of local hifi luminaries. part of it is the very large tech based booming economy, plus lots of large research facilities, and lots of retired military (more in surrounding communities than Seattle). then there is Vancouver B.C. and Portland and the whole Pacific Rim effect with lots of even H.K. influence. and the weather here can be cold, wet and gloomy for 8-9 months a year which does push us inside to some degree.

negatively there is the crazy, expensive, cost of living.....equal to California except SF proper.

i likely know 40-50 local audiophiles myself, and have had 30+ people to my room half a dozen times over the last 10 years for meetings. at least 10 people once a year or more. i have visitors to my room a few times a month it seems. so there is a culture of getting together here.

love it and one of the things which has kept my interest in the hobby over the years........the rich culture and friendships i've enjoyed.

Last edited by mikel; 08-06-2019 at 09:37 AM.