View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:01 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Dan, very glad to hear your satisfaction level is high with the Yggdrasil. Tremendous value to say the least. Past 500-600 hr mark is where the true magic starts to happen. I lost count of hours at that point already...The dac will totally disappear and you will have forgotten that it is in the chain. I have at this point because Gumby stopped reminding me. To put it in other words, it doesn't call attention to itself with the occasional glare on some recordings and going back to those same recordings, they are smooth as silk now consistently.

It will at some point simply start breathing life into music, you know, those magic listening sessions where your room disappears and you are ultimately transported to the time and place where the live event took place. Listening to Jazz at the Pawnshop for example, all the micro detail of the captured ambiance of the acoustic space, the people chatter and the clanking of the glasses, the foot steps of waiters, those small live captured little details that bring a recording to life, simply make me forget I am listening to recorded music on more than once occasion and it is as if I was there. The ultimate clarity and naturalness of the sound is uncanny through these dacs.

Also will be interesting to hear your opinion on the Yggy vs K-01X which is roughly 9x the price if I am not mistaking? I don't doubt they are both stellar performers, this will boil down to personal preference more so than any shortcoming or glaring faults of either. There are probably none to be found in either but it still leaves the question of the multiples of the price difference up for discussion. Of course if you are able to fixate on small variances and compare/contrast, it will be a very interesting read. Looking forward to that sometime in the near future.
As am I...(guys, great comments, BTW, but that is par for you and Dan, both)
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.