View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Interested in your experience with the Maestro outlet when they arrive!

Please let us know how the sound is different vs the Shunyata and Leviton after they burn in a bit.

Good luck!
Hi Christian,

I received both my Maestro oulets this morning and they are already installed. No procrastinating here I am listening to my system thru them as I type this. See pictures attached.

As you suggested I will give my system (and myself) time to acclimate to the change before giving my impressions of the sound. But I can give my impressions of the material itself; comparing to the Shunyata SR-Z1, the Maestro doesn't give the feeling of a high end component. It is smaller in width and overall depth as you can see (Maestro is black on the left, the SR-Z1 on the right). Materials used - only for the look of it - for the Maestro are similar to any outlet you can find in a hardware store. I mean, they are not substantials with thick plates, chrome plating and such like the Furutech GTX-D. It's what inside and the treatments applied that matters I guess here.

The Maestro is heavier than my standard Leviton outlet, but definately less than my SR-Z1. It's probably intended this way as part of the design because some designers believe in "less is more". I was often indicated by experienced techs and audiophiles that the less mass is better for better flow of current and ultimately better sound (think speaker binding posts, like Naim amplifiers). I give benefit of the doubt here. The duplexes have very good grip as it was a tight fit when inserting the cables. This definately feels quality and it's a good thing to maximize contact with the prongs.

Right off the bat I can perceive some changes but I will have to wait to listen at higher volume to have a better idea (kids are sleeping!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6014.jpg (81.6 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6015.jpg (89.4 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6016.jpg (88.3 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6017.jpg (92.0 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by Parabellum; 07-16-2019 at 10:03 PM.