View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 06:10 PM

Default Rotel RC-1592 Integrated Amp

I have an audio system in my garage. I was powering it with the Parasound Halo P5 preamp and the Halo A23 power amp. I decided I wanted to consolidate boxes and go to an Integrated amp. I chose to buy the Rotel RA-1592. This is a 200 wpc unit. To start with the packaging is first rate. The integrated amp is double boxed and there is a foam piece to keep everything in its place.

The hookup took me an hour total to remove the Parasound items and hook up the Rotel amp. I didn’t need any instructions to get things up and running. It was very much self explanatory. I have only listened with the Rotel for maybe 2 hours thus far. I was surprised that the Rotel seemed cleaner in the midrange. I needed less of a bass and treble boost compared to the Parasound pieces.

The Rotel has more inputs on the rear of the unit that I could ever need. I like that there are A and B speaker outputs as well. I don’t normally blast out the volume in the garage. There was adequate power from the Rotel. Thus far I am more than pleased with the RA-1592. By the way, the price was $2500 USD.

Last edited by Mamrak1; 07-14-2018 at 04:09 PM.