View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 05:15 PM
Semi-audiophile

First, I have to clarify. When I said all but one of my current PCs are Transparent, that's not accurate. I forgot, the power conditioners have Venom HCs and the TV has a Venom 3s; as for the "one," my laserdisc player has a C7 PS Audio Jewel AC.

I can identify with jimtranr's first post in that on my preamp, I moved from a Wireworld Electra 7. The IEC grip was poor, and I moved to the Transparent HPPC for that reason. The unexpected sound improvement was a "gobsmack" (sorry, Puma Cat). That prompted the move to other Transparent HPPCs, and later on to Premiums on my power amps, where I also heard improvement, though not as big as with the preamp.

The Venom v12 is likely the most flexible option overall of the three possibilities, it seems. My preamp is a McIntosh C2300, so no digital, and while I don't need the 1.75 length, the flexibility is attractive. And the v12's jacket will match everything else. Unless there's a practical reason for the v10 someone can think of, I'll think about the v12 for my 2300.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks