View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 01:01 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Very nice stands.

They make me want to rethink things.
Thanks, Steve.

Brooks at Resonant Woods is a great guy, very customer-oriented and can build up a set of stands in your choice of woods. They are a bit less expensive than the Tontragers, and if you ask me, much more attractive.

The pair I bought were a pair that were refurbished after originally being damaged in shipping; a couple of the curved pieces were damaged. One of the frames also had a very, very tiny surface defect, like a small crescent-shaped dimple about the size of the top very edge of your baby finger nail, along the edge of one of the bottom frame members; you could barely see and it, and as far as I was concerned, it was a complete non-issue for me as I was getting the stands for $400 less the standard price. (Besides, one of my Dyns a very small cosmetic flaw on of the cabinets when bought them used, and I never gave it a second thought).

Well, that wasn't good enough for Brooks, and he fixed it anyway. I don't think he could deal the thought of a product of his going out the door that wasn't perfect. He sent me a note when he shipped them that he thought they were one of the nicest pair he's ever made, so he was happy, and I was VERY happy.

Link to Brooks' site here. GREAT guy, BTW...

https://resonantwoods.com/audio-prod...peaker-stands/

Once I get them on the Herbie's dB NeutralizerThreaded Stud Gliders so I can place them on the and have them work well on the carpet, I'll send a pic of both of them in the system.

I may even set up the product photography lights!
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 08-05-2019 at 01:03 AM.