View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmig View Post
Wow .... not many Schiit haters once the product is given a "real world" audition with time for warm-up (and break in if new). I sure do enjoy my Gumby!

One thing I've noticed now that I've had my Gumby for a few weeks. Files that are overly bright and previously unlistenable, are not so overly bright and definitely not unlistenable through the Gumby. A few that come to mind are rips made from CD's of Don Henley (End of the innocence album), an rip from an older CD of Boston and a rip from an old Kansas CD. Other DACS I've had in my system just sounded so hard and edgy that I didn't like to listen to those CD's - even though I like the music. With Gumby ... they are listenable. This has me scratching my head. Maybe its that super digital filter doing its magic??? Whatever it is - its almost like magic.
I think it's multibit nature of Gumby. It is the most analog-sounding digital device I've ever heard (haven't heard the new Yggy with the Gen 5 USB).
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.