Thread: INT-250 review
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 09:58 AM

Went ahead and got the INT-250 after realizing that the Ayre AX5Twenty was simply never going to drive the woofers on the B&W 803s. Who'da thunk there'd be such a difference between a 125 wpc integrated and a 250 wpc integrated. Poor initial matching, for sure.

Not only does the PASS deliver deep defined bass, but there's now breadth, depth and height across the entire sonic range. It creates such three-dimensional imaging.

Also gone is the harsh brightness that the Ayre created in the mid and high range. I've been transported from ten inches above the piano strings to mid-center loge section for sonata performances. Warm timber with no loss of detail. Ahhhh.....

Bonus is the continued impeccable customer-friendly responsiveness by the staff at PASS. Even regarding shipping. I'm not eager for things like this to be in UPS/FedEx's possession longer than necessary due to the exposure to possible damage. PASS agreed to ship direct to me in order to eliminate initial trek to dealer that would have doubled the ship time, plus agreed to ship on day most convenient for my schedule. When I had asked same of Ayre -- 'nyet!'