Thread: Shunyata Denali
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 12:33 PM

There are enough differences between these units and Triton or Typhon that I cannot give you an easy answer. If you are asking me whether you should replace the Triton or Typhon's with Denali's, I would say "no", because they are not intended to be a replacement, number one, and two, I have too little information on how they compare in a variety of contexts. The Denali's have been remarkable in my simple 3 component system consisting of a DCS Puccini and VAC or ARC amps. Beyond that, I'll wait along with everyone else to see how they fare in more complex systems. The true test is time on the market in a variety of systems. We've only had one or two working prototypes so we haven't done the amount of field research that we have with pre-production cables or power cords. Certainly, we will be asking Michael Fremer, Marc Mickelson and Robert Harley to listen as well and perhaps report their findings. They have more complex systems and have had all our reference products going back more than 10 years. For now, I'd wait along with the rest of us to see how the new units do. They should be shipping to dealers next week.

regards,

Grant