Thread: Shunyata Denali
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 07:05 PM

I've posted a great deal of information beyond a noise graph. I believe you are aware this is more than just an "expensive box", but you are looking for an angle to argue that we make over-priced products, I get it. Your original question was the tell because it was totally out of context.

You have absolutely zero evidence that similar or better performance can be gained from another filter type of a completely different design. In what application, audio, video, medical, studio? Have you run these comparisons? I've no problem with you buying the Shurter device and attaching that to your panel if you believe that's the best way to go and is a panacea for noise.

I've linked internal photo's as well as a parts and concepts doc explaining how the products are made, what the design precepts are and a graph of the noise isolation. We publish enormous amounts of information about our parts and design approach.

As the products come to market there will be more information and measurement posted but they are not to market yet. I was asked a question above, which I answered with the detail I currently have available. Anything I reply to your queries will not be enough, its pretty clear where you are driving with all this.

The medical facilities I've visited have tried all manner of noise-isolation strategies, including iso-transformers, chokes, coils and multiple types of filters and noise solutions. The noise problems in the medical industry are not new and the possible solutions they've tried are many. Again, you'd have to take my word on that because I've been to over a dozen. I get the impression, that's not your game here and no answer is enough.

It's clear your questions are not genuine, which makes each reply difficult because it will be used to feed the whole inflated price-tag thing. You are wrong about that. Our products are fairly priced based on cost to build and parts. I'm off to Newport tomorrow. For anyone with legitimate questions, I will always make myself available in person or on the phone.

Grant