Thread: Shunyata Denali
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 10:56 AM

If you are referring to the filter you copied the link to, that isn't part of a product such as a power distributor or power conditioner, so making any cost comparison is impossible. Obviously, there is more cost involved in designing a complete unit made up of many purpose-made parts than in costing out this or that filter. All filters are very different and perform differently outside of a listed noise spec. Ours are designed to have minimal in-line peak current resistance, yet maintain a substantial amount of outlet-outlet noise isolation.

The new filters Caelin designed have had well documented success in a number of Electrophysiology labs across the country, both objectively (measurement) and subjectively (imaging), so they have been rigorously performance tested.

Within the units we have designed for medical, and in Denali models, there are also Caelin's patented noise-isolation chambers, patent-pending QR-BB modules (developed for amplifier/ high-current components) and the Multi-Phase-Differential-Array filter board contained in our Gemini Protection Module. These are photo'd and described within the linked document below. I've also included an internal photo of the Denali 6000S, which is very close in its design to the new medical-grade units we are developing.

I've also attached our Parts, Materials and Concepts document, which explains our approach and lists/describes many of our exclusive parts, materials and patents. I've not had time yet to write updates that include the new filters Caelin designed for medical applications. Whether that translates to reasonable value in terms of performance for you, or others is a question for each person, company or medical lab. Everyone is free to compare and decide for themselves.

We will not have units available for the EU until Fall because they will be different in terms of their design and will likely come to market under a different name to distinguish their differences in design.

Regards,

Grant

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (97.4 KB, 507 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pwr_tech_201508_v14.pdf (7.74 MB, 49 views)

Last edited by jdandy; 05-31-2016 at 08:15 PM. Reason: enkarge photo