View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 06:55 PM

Default Update 4

I swapped out the $5 50 Ohm BNC cables (made with generic RG-58U coaxial cable) for the Valhalla v2 75 Ohm BNC cables (1.25m length). Son of Gun! As silly as it seems, there's an audible improvement. One spooky thing is I have to slightly increase the volume setting on my C1000C unit. It's as though the background is even quieter/darker than with previous settings and I need to tweak the loudness to compensate.

Some details of my setup: the P-02 sits on StillPoint Ultra 6s which rest on a an HRS S3 Isolation Base (the one with the granite shelf). The shelving unit is a Quadraspire Bamboo unit. The G-01 sits on the middle shelf and the D-02 sits on the bottom shelf: both units rest on StillPoint Ultra SSs. The P-02 is connected to the D-02 using two Valhalla v2 110 Ohm XLR AES/EBU digital cables. The D-02 analog output connects to the C1000T unit using Valhalla v2 XLR analog cables.

The only gripe I have with the Esoteric units is their top plates ring like a bell when tapped, so I place HRS Damping Plates on top to deaden the sound. Finally, I placed a StillPoints LPI right above the centerline of the P-02 transport.

My system is powered by Shunyata throughout (Triton/Typhon/DPC-6 all with Sigma Digital/Analog/HC cables were appropriate).

I think I can safely say I've finally reached the limit on improving my CD/SACD playback setup (although it is foolish to never say never to improvements).

Ken

Last edited by kb7215; 06-13-2015 at 08:02 PM.