View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pider View Post
CL

If you have a chance, can you update us on your impressions of the 6T, now that you have had them for awhile? Plus, what are you driving them with?
Still very happy with this purchase decision. Elegant to look at and better to listen to. Since our placement is in a semi-dedicated listening room, visually dominating speakers were not feasible. These are stunners (my opinion).
The sound at all listening levels is excellent. When I have the time, I will set up in the best listing spot (speakers are about 12 ft. apart, about 3 ft. in front of the back wall and 3 ft. from the side walls) and enjoy the sound staging. Listening primarily to 44.1 FLAC or Apple lossless and some limited hi-res material, played via JRiver/mac though an OPPO HA-1.

The speakers are currently powered by a diminutive (half chassis) Naim NAP100, which puts 75W/channel into 4 ohms. This little guy, intended for some DynAudio bookshelves in another room, is doing very well; the (expected) shortcoming is during high dynamic range recordings (say a well recorded symphony played at room-filling levels), when the full dynamics aren't achieved. This represents only about 5% of our listening; the system is used extensively by all members of the family.

I did demo a Gato integrated amp (also distributed by Aerial Acoustics). Very cool Danish design, plenty of power (250W into 4 ohms), but the price point to the speakers was not a great match - might be better matched to the 7T's. Great design though if you like unconventional looks. But that level of power brought out the desired symphonic levels and 'punch'.

May also demo an NAD M22 from my dealer to see what the Hypex NCore sound is all about.

Keeping my eyes open for a good McIntosh! Preferably a stereo chassis.

So, I might switch in/out some electronics but the 6T's are keepers.