View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
Just curious; why is the floor different from walls and ceiling? If the floor needs to be carpeted, why not those too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
Yes, but they generally don't cover the whole wall or ceiling. My point is that the floor is really no different than those other room surfaces, and you can have too much or too little absorption there as with the others.
Remember my original post suggested that why pay lots of money taking out carpet and replacing it with nice expensive hardwood only to cover it up to achieve better sound. It comes down to practicality and in many cases the WAF. It is not common for people to selectively treat ceilings and floors. Most audio dealers do not treat the ceiling and have carpet on the floors which it OK by me as it will represent a typical home setup.

If you were to have two identical rooms with identical equipment; the only difference being carpet on the floor in one and hardwood on the floor in the other I would be "floored" if most would select the room with hardwood. I know I would not as I have heard the difference.

Last edited by Alki; 10-27-2014 at 04:46 PM.