View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 04:45 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josep View Post
Thanks. I do not put too much pressure with the brush so not sure this is the problem.

The thing is that i have been almost 10 years playing records and suddenly few months ago (in a matter of 2 months) all my records started to sound bad. I purchased then ultrasonic cleaner and Vaccuum machine. Did not fix it. I am thinking maybe the cartrige was not properly aligned.

I already tried other cartridges. The problem is already coming from the records.

When trying new records, they sound ok.

I somehow have damaged this year many records.

What a hobby... my most beloved thing in the world is the one giving me more nigthmares.

I am about to move to digital if i dont fix this soon
What table, arm and cartridge are you using?

Think back a 2-3 months ago. Did anything change with your vinyl setup? If, as you say, this happened suddently, there is a cause.

Cartridges and stylus shapes make a significant difference in how well a record plays.
- How old is your cartridge? Styli and cantilevers do wear out.
- Do you check the stylus tip with a 10X loupe for dust, build-up and damage?
- When was the last time you cleaned your stylus?

What do you do to align your cartridge? Setup can have a real impact. Poor alignment will damage the groove.

Check all your cable connections. Improperly set, loose or dirty cable connectors can sometimes sound like a scratchy record.

Take some records to a friends house or audio dealer and play them on a different table with a different cartridge. Do you hear anything different?