View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoCorona View Post
Fair question... Currently, I have no linestage, hence I would feed K1 SPDIF into my Aeris DAC.

Having said this, at some point I might be interested in reintroducing a linestage, and at that point compare:

* K1 into Aeris via Coax, and then into linestage.

* K1 into linestage, sens Aeris.

X-01 into Aeris via Coax, no line stage.

Which one would I prefer... I really have no idea.

Regards, G.
Hi Guido,

As far as I know the K1 transport is same mechanism as in the Grandioso P1 so I expect it would be hard to find a better transport in any case and having used both X-01 and P-03 for many years I know exactly how much the better models increase in performance...

That said, the performance of the K1s internal DAC really is light years beyond any other Esoteric DAC I have heard so I would be surprised if it did not seriously eclipse the performance of your JRDG DAC which if superfluous could well offset investment in a fine linestage if you decided to take on the K1.

It really is that good, and I and a good friend here were totally shocked at how much better the K1 was than his 5-box P-01VU/D-01VU rig.

Will be happy to keep you posted as the burn in progresses.

Just put another 5 hours into the K1 tonight in fact, and in combination with my Absolare Altius 845 amps and Absolare Altius tube linestage being nicely warmed up the sound is simply breathtaking.

Cheers

Chris