View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 09:31 PM

Can't comment on Tradition yet since I have not heard. Judging from the speaker volume it's similar to memento.

I got a hunch Memento will likely sound more refine then Tradition. So it's between Memento and Evolution. Both IMHO are great speakers but very different. Aesthetic wise they both look great but different - one is more traditional then Tradition and one is more current in an evolutional way.

They also sound very different and I feel this largely depends on the room you are placing these stand mounts. In a small room setting the Evolution is very balanced and can play a wide genre of music with no issue. The Evolution has a larger volume and driver therefore its fuller and can rock without a sub. The Memento is cleaner and has a slight edge on the highs refinement and when couple with a good sub it can deliver a very balance sound.

Between the two I have purchased the Evolution and have enjoyed its reference reproduction for some years now with no regrets. Except with an upgrade on the speaker terminals to top of the line reference silver WBT - that pushes its performance further. You too can do the same on Memento and in fact it's easier on the Memento.

They are both legendary speakers and quite honestly which will depends on your preference in sound. Only thing is age difference between the two. With Memento being longer in the market so will the components in the speaker. I think speakers can last a very long time but still a consideration there. If you can find a brand new pair then I think it's not a huge issue.

Enjoy!