View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randerson3024
Has anyone compared the two? I am thinking of ordering a pair, although I am unsure if my EAR HP-4 will drive them to satisfying levels. The Bryston probably will whenever it is ready.
I demo'd the he6, but not the Audeze. The HE6 will need a powerful amplifier. The headroom amplifiers I typically use for powering headphones did not work well with the HE6. I had to use one of my McIntosh MC2102 amplifiers to properly power he HE6. The sound of the HE6 is bright even when powered from a tube amplifier. I did compare to the HE6 to the HD800, but not powered from the same amplifier. I preferred the ounce of the HD800, but still liked the HE6. I only returned the two pairs I tried for cosmetic reasons. The two samples I received had cosmetic damage from the accessory kit that floated around inside the headphone box during transportation. When the company I purchased the HE6 from said I was going to have to pay a restocking fee and return shipping on cosmetically damaged $1200 headphones I decided to not try a 3rd pair.

I would definitely recommend trying both before making a decision. I read the Cable Company is offering a in home headphone demo of multiple pairs at the same time. That might be worth it.

Last edited by RoadDawgWest; 05-28-2012 at 12:18 AM.