View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Just in case folks haven't seen it, here is my home-made signal grounding system:

It's wires are connected at the component end to the negative (-) leg of the RCA plug. This plug goes on an unused RCA jack on my pre or DAC (could also be phono stage). The other end is connected to a copper split bolt, and the nut is tightened down on the wires. The bolt just hangs in the air over the edge of my audio rack.

It took all of seconds to hear the improvement: this grounding "embodiment" seem to makes music sound notably more...natural, lifelike, and involving. There's also increase in "perceived loudness".

Cost? About $6.

I call it "Usain".
Stephen, do you think in your experience an amplifier with no ground pin can be grounded by this method? My amplifier is a Yamaha CA-1000 (1974) with an upgrade IEC socket but in those days they were using cord lamps as power cable, and, no ground. By still some companies do not use ground on some device. Cambridge Audio, Rotel, Yamaha comes to mind. I don't know if by grounding such devices would cause other problems.