View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVass13 View Post
Buck, that would be amazingly helpful. Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to demo the M3h where I am and wouldn't want to make such a large purchase completely blind. Having demo'd the Bartok at Hifi Buys I know that I already like its sound and functionality. Any feedback you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Dan let me chime in here.

I will also be in Monroe this weekend visiting Tim to jam. I'm also excited to meet Buck and Steve for the first time!

I have not heard the M3 directly but I do know someone I trust very much and he just LOVES his M3 - he also uses it with headphones. He is kind of a headphone savant and is very picky what he plugs his headphones into. I believe its true you need Roon or an Aurender but even adding all that up you will be thousands of $$'s less then Bartok. Yes its a bit more complicated but particularly an Aurender makes it pretty easy with many great solutions to pick from. As far as service you will be hard pressed to find a better company then Bricasti- very hands on, great equipment and located in the US. Have you called the factory to discuss your concerns? If not I would suggest you give it a try - you will be happy you did!

Also just to be clear no M3 will be part of the "Tim" visit this weekend. What Bricasti has generously sent is their M1SE and M21 DAC when first asked early on. The Bartok dealer refused when asked originally but has now reconsidered after Buck has generously volunteered his time to drive it to Tim's. I"m told the M3 has a similar sound to the big brothers which are very musical indeed. I've owned a M1SE & M12 loved them both and in the process of upgrading to the M21. Should have it in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by GW1800; 03-04-2020 at 06:14 PM.