View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Lars... the K5’s sound simply amazing with the new Accuphase gear. Considering how everything is brand new, and that I just placed the K5’s where I thought they looked good. I haven’t done any Speaker placement, and the soundstage is superb. Bass was especially surprising too for this inexpensive model; I may not need subs after all.

When I return soon, I will be installing all new WW Series 8 Cable and fine tune the K5’s placement.

I have not done any direct comparisons against the K3’s yet. In fact, I need to evaluate if this room can handle another pair of speakers; the K1’s.

Good to hear. I had a similar reaction to the bass in my 9K’s as well. Do you find the high and low ends to be balanced? I find the bass in my 9K’s to overwhelm the treble a bit at times. I am not one for using the DSP in Roon, but I am considering raising the gain to get more treble.

I look forward to a comparison with the 3K’s once everything is properly set up.

Just bring a shoehorn back with you. You know you need to fit the 1K in. It would be incomplete otherwise.