View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshyne View Post
Clpetersen, what model JL's and REL's did you use? Did you use an active crossover or just subs to amp or preamp?
I tried the JL Audio E110. This was the most versatile sub I tried with active 24 dB/octave crossovers, hi-pass feed thru back to amplifier, etc. I felt two subs worked better in our set-up and ended up with REL T-7's (30 Hz lower -6dB). With the REL I found it easier to blend in with the Aerial's, which I run full range. I did like the REL-preferred high level connections via a simple Neutrik connector - this also simplified our wiring as I simply connected to the extra terminals on the backs of the Aerials. Since I run pretty heavy gauge to the Aerials, any tiny signal drop over the short length of speaker cable was deemed (by me) to be inconsequential. Many people would run the REL cable back to the main amp.

Both are excellent; I just preferred the sound of REL in our setup (music only in this room).
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.

Last edited by clpetersen; 11-04-2015 at 12:43 PM.