View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccidentalDB View Post
Reading this forum has been simultaneously enlightening, inspiring and depressing. I've come across many things to improve the audiophile experience that were never remotely on my radar, like these little gems, but on the other the list of things I need to buy continues to expand and it feels like I'm getting farther and farther from the end goal, even though nothing in my listening room has actually changed. lol

Is this something any idiot can install with a screwdriver, or does it require an actual electrician skillset?

I did it myself, following the instructions, turning off the power at the circuit breaker, etc, and I don't recall previously fiddling around with an outlet for any reason before that.
It's straightforward. Check out directions online or on youtube for replacing an outlet, if you already haven't. The procedure for installing audiophile outlets isn't different in a meaningful way from normal outlets.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables