View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 10:30 AM

Glad to hear this improved things but it is no surprise for 2 reasons;

1. Use of a 75ohm cable on a 10mHz 50ohm clock circuit was a big issue and yields incorrect results. Cybershaft emits 50ohm and the K01xs expects it by default for 10mHz...

http://www.esoteric.jp/products/esot...xs/indexe.html

2. The Shunyata cables are the best clock cables out there IMHO, that is a huge upgrade.

FYI...both clock and cable need a couple hundred hours of burn in to sound their best. Also, don't turn your clock off...each time you do it will take a few hours to get back to best sound even though clock module will temperature stabilize after a few minutes and LED will glow white. Make sure K01Xs is off and not trying to sync until OCXO stabilizes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Higgins View Post
Ivan was correct, as always! I used a 50-ohm Shunyata Clock BNC cable to connect to my Esoteric K-01xs and the sound is better than a Nordost Odin 75-ohm cable.

Be careful what you wish for...the sound is now very accurate (and precise) in the support of temporal resolution and dynamics, but with this improvement comes the ability to hear almost everything in Redbook PCM, SACD, UHQCD, HDCD and FLAC formats.

The clock may need some burn-in time, but the sound is now too revealing (and bright). I need to do some experimentation to improve the sound.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

- Gerry

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 07-28-2019 at 10:35 AM.