View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis160 View Post
Hello,

Thinking that I might try a speaker that would be easier to drive, I extensively auditioned at home Linn Majik 109's and Paradigm Prestige 15B's. While both had nice sound stages, were easier to drive and had more detail than the 110's, I found the Linns dry and analytical and the Paradigms way too bright and fatiguing. The Linns and Paradigms are fine speakers, but I now realize what gems I have in the Focus 110's. Such a beautiful warm sound with just enough detail to make things interesting.

I've had my Focus speakers for 9 years and I think that I'll stick with them for now. Due to space limitations, I cannot accommodate speakers much higher than 14 inches and am confined to placing them on bookshelves.

Thanks!
You should try the Focus 160's. It's a discontinued model but they sound amazing and are way ahead of the Contour 1.3SE's and almost as good as the 1.4s. The last 2 generations of Dynaudio loudspeakers are very different from the previous ones. Easier to drive, far more detailed and faster!
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:25 AM.