View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 11:54 AM

Cool Audioquest Wind vs Earth

Today one of two packages from my dealer has been arrived. Just for testing for some weeks.
The AQ Aspen (BiWire) and AQ Wind (RCA). Both are used cables from their demoroom. So no need for waiting till they're ready.

No real testing yet. Watched a movie and after that played around with some songs we know. A friend of mine had a visit. He has nothing, really _nothing_ to do with good Audio Components or even High End. But he knows my equipment since years.

Even he noticed that there's a lack of bass. I mean, the sound is very very clean. Soundstage seems to be great. Timing is great. But, where's the bass? The growling bass? Not muddy bass.

Switched back to my 15 years old Fadel Art Aerolink (RCA) and YES! Great. More bass. Sounds great again. But... The Highs... Awful! OK, can't live with either the Wind nor the Aerolink. Fire is too expensive, therefore i'm waiting for the delivery of the AQ Earth (together with one AQ Thunder).

Speakers are B&W 802D3 with a DB2D-Sub. PowerAmp is a german NuPower A, which is generally "clean" but can do a lot of punch and bad growls and has a lots of Power.

What's your experiences with Wind and/or Earth?

Last edited by GBP; 04-03-2018 at 12:52 PM.