View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan View Post
I heard the M5-HPA monoblocks at RMAF 2017 and two weekends ago at a dealer event, both times on Quatro CT’s. The entirely solid state amps sounded very transparent with a lot of weight, yet they had a certain ease to them and a realistic amount of bloom. Of course, they are not quite as delicate or refined as the M7-HPA but they do have similar balls. Synergy with the Quatro is, as you would expect, off the charts. The amps are a tremendous value, they are worth a lot more than what Richard is charging. I would say if you have the Quatro CT or 5A Carbon, you should buy a pair before he raises the price, and run with them. They are that good.

Ken
Indeed, the word from Richard is that prices are going to go up. They are already $800 more than what I paid.

My system sounds so musical with these amps. The AHB-2 sounded great. the M5-HPA sounds phenomenal.
Digital Software: Roon, Tidal Streaming
Digital Music Server: Melco N1A/2
Digital Sources: Totaldac d1-twelve SE MkII (factory upgraded from MKI) with "live power" 4 output power supply, Oppo UDP-205
Preamplifier: Rogue Audio RP-9 (factory upgraded from RP-7)
Amplifier: Vandersteen M5-HPA
Speakers: Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT w/IsoAcoustics Gaia 1 feet
Cabling: WW Platinum Starlight 7 digital wires, Totaldac Gigafilter USB filter, AQ Sky XLR, AQ Fire RCA
Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Oak spades ---> bi-wire spades
Power Cables: Esprit PC (for DAC), 2 WW Platinum Electra PC (Preamp/Phono Preamp), AQ NRG10 (Melco N1A/2), AQ Blizzard (Quatro Wood CT built-in subs)
Power Conditioning: 2 AQ Niagara 1000, 3 Oyaide R1 outlets
Sound Treatments: 23 ASC Tube Traps and 10 Panels