View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 05:05 AM

(johndoe - nice article, interesting read)

Now - I`m really not trying to talk bad on the streaming front and I do see why someone that is not into collecting music would opt for this - I`m just trying to figure out if there is any way to make it more enjoyable "for myself". And whenever I play files via streaming and compare them to my analog source they just never really reach the same level of SQ.

Now I am well aware that this might just be a question of personal taste and someone with other taste may prefer the streaming sound.

I will say that I run an analog chain at about 20K and I have put a lot of tuning and time into the setup - so maybe it is an unfair comparison to my first trial with MacBook and/or even the Aries Femto.

But i can`t help but feel that even my Moon Neo 260d CD Transport plays CDs at the same level as any given streaming file via Tidal / Aries Femto.

I just can`t find any gain in SQ via streaming, CD seems up paar and Vinyl outruns ist by far.

I will admit that Tidal sounds better than my Apple subscription and also that running it straight to the DAC via MacBook brought some advantage. But the gain in SQ via Aries Femto is already much smaller... I just can`t imagine that hooking up an even higher quality transport for streaming will bring the desired leap in SQ.

Last edited by bruno2009; 06-04-2018 at 05:09 AM.