View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 06:28 PM

Angry No Repair or Tech Support for Older Classé Products!

I own a pair of Classé M-700 monoblock amps. When I purchased them many years ago, they came with a "Lifetime Warranty."

Recently, both of them failed, which I attribute to aging electrolytic caps in the power supply.

When I contacted Classé to arrange for repair, I received the following response:

"Thank you for calling in about your M-700 amplifiers. As you noted in your voicemail, there has been significant changes to Classé operations in the past few months, which include moving all service and support from Montreal to Boston, closing the Classé building in Cananda, and just now within the past couple weeks Classé has been acquired by United Radio.

During the transfer from the Montreal repair facility to the Boston facility attempts were made to bring down as many parts as we could for repairs. However there were certain parts we could not collect, mainly for pre Delta 2 series or legacy unit including the M-700. As a result we can only recommend contacting a reputable nearby audio electronics repair shop to ask if they can diagnose and possibly repair the unit.

We realize that this is not a favorable suggestion, but at this time it is the only one I can provide.

I apologize for this inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Ken Bunker | Technical Support
Bowers & Wilkins - North America"

Needless to say, I am not a happy camper...

Does anyone have a recommendation for a NYC repair service?

SOTA Cosmos (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature
Esoteric X-05 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck!
Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage
Pass Labs XP-30 (with Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables) & Hovland HP-100 preamps
Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
MIT Shotgun ICs & SCs
Shunyata Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha NR, Delta NR, Viper Ztron, Venom HC & Harmonic Technology PCs, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses
Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM