Thread: A new G2 owner
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 05:06 PM

From memory the grills on the B1 were packed separately. In Audio the definition of new can vary depending on the dealer, or in this case the distributor. This is not exclusive to audio of course.

What you have described sounds like floor stock that has had a busy life. They should have been open about the condition of the speaker if this was the case so you understood the reason for the steep discount. Many boxes in Australia do get opened for customs inspection so the box may get opened before it arrives at the distributor. You would think that they would check on the condition of the product on arrival for insurance purposes. My speakers were an order and the distributor unpacked and set them up for me.

The packaging crates for Vivid speakers weigh more than many speakers and being wood they would discourage mishandling.
I had a slight scuff mark from transit movement on the side of the speaker. My dealer provided me with a maintenance kit ( microfibre cloth and a quality car polish). Today the paint finish is without blemish. As mentioned elsewhere, I am fussy about keeping people and especially kids away from my speakers. Right now they need a good dusting however.