View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
I noticed the same.

I have no problems with the original plastic remote that came with the Ref Anniversary. However, I also have a metal remote for it similar to the one ARC introduced for the Ref 5SE and that one has the LED sank further in the body, resulting in a more limited usable angle (I have my preamp on the side of the listening position rather than in the front). The opening in the faceplate for the sensor receiver might help in that respect.
Thanks for the input!

I've also placed an order for the metal remote thinking the plastic unit was defective or damaged as I won't deny I've dropped it several times.

Kalvin has told me it's not entirely related to the remote but more on how the unit ( Ref Ann ) recieves the signal admixed with interference from digital devices, routers, computers etc.

There's an Upgrade or whatever you call it which is dealer installed like a download. I wonder who has already had this.
Source:Michell Gyro, Garrard 301/401, Spirit of 75, Lenco, SME 309/IV.Vi, 3009 & 3012, Dennesen air bearing, Odyssey RP1 9' & 12', Fidelity Research fr-24, Zyx 4D/Bloom, Lyra Skala/Kleos, Denon 103/103r soundsmith OCL, Fidelity research MC201 Preamp/amp:Audio Research Ref Ann, Ref Phono 2se, PH3, SP-10, D-250, ARC ST-70C3, Pilot sa-232/260, Dynaco Mk 2, Quad II Speakers:Proac, Sonus Faber, Harbeth, Rogers, Spendor.
Others: Conrad Johnson, Unison Research, Audionote.