View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 03:05 PM
Go Dawgs

Default Brinkmann Taurus w/12.1 tonearm

Have any AA members had any experience yet with the new Brinkmann Taurus turntable that was debuted in Munich late last year? I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my analog front end and have always had my eyes on the AMG Viella V12 which is a fine table, however, it has been out for quite awhile now. I didn't want to get up in price to the new Viella Forte since I'm going with a new cartridge as well.

I realize there are a multitude of options in this range, but honestly wanted to stick to a local dealer for setup/service/hands on in case I need it. The Brinkmann Taurus is supposed to be the best direct drive turntable they've ever made and the craftsmanship is superb. Ed (For the love of music) is a huge fan of Brinkmann (as he should be) and knows a couple of people who are thrilled with the new Taurus but since it's so new, there's not a ton of feedback on it.

Any forum members with any experience yet with the Taurus or another Brinkmann compared to the Viella V12, The Clearaudio Innovation wood etc???? It's a fine looking table as well although I prefer the look of the AMG and Clearaudio.

Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3