View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyhome View Post
I sold all my expensive cable stuff, and would rather apply moneys to better equipment and try not subjecting myself to cable marketing..........

I'm in favor of the Blue Jeans Cable philosophy

Of course its all up to you and your listening enjoying with whatever you have or do.
I worked as a professional recording and live sound engineer for over 30 years.

I use what a lot of other audio professionals use and I learned from some highly respected engineers.

Think about it. If the guy doing the recording, mixing, mastering etc is using Mogami 2549 from the mic to the console, do you need something more expensive? And, Mogami 2549 works for both balanced and unbalanced interconnects.

Belden and Canare are both very good speaker cables and again, used by many audio professionals in studios and on stages.

BJC does a great job making cables.

Redco is another source for all types of interconnect or speaker cables, custom made to your specifications (exact lengths, choice of connectors etc).

You can buy good heavy gauge IEC power cables from any number of sources. Making them look fancy with with exotic plugs and Techflex braided sleeving does not justify the exorbitant prices some manufacturers charge.

Audiophile grade power cables? Don't forget what's in your walls coming from your breaker box. You're going to pay big bucks to go a few feet from the wall outlet to your equipment?

Use your ears but don't forget to use your head and don't get fooled thinking more expensive sounds better.

Last edited by Rex Anderson; 03-09-2018 at 10:42 AM.