View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Bears View Post
I looked into the microrendu a bit and it has a lot of fans. But I just don't have a good feeling about it. Plus you have to buy a power supply. Then if you want anything other than USB, you need to buy a converter. All that starts to add up.

Ultimately my goal would be to play music both Redbook and hi-res from my NAS. I would prefer something with multiple digital outs. RCA and AES would be great. I don't need a DAC inside or ability to rip CDs. I also don't really need internal storage but it might be a nice thing. I could use the internal drive to play music and just use the NAS as a backup. That way I wouldn't need an Ethernet connection in the room with the stereo.
I heavily considered the microRendu. I think it is a great piece of gear. The Connect or Node 2 would be a great solution for you. I went with the Node 2 because of the positive reviews (professional and user) in regards to the sound quality and function. Bluesound has created an excellent OS, the BluOS. As mentioned earlier it will be "Roon Ready" soon which is good news in that it opens the option up for using when of the best reviewed music library OSs out there.

In regards to the internal storage; if I had the budget I would have went with the Bluesound Vault 2 which has a 2TB hard drive, ripper and the DAC that the Node 2 has.

I can attest from personal experience that Bluesound's customer support is excellent, which is another reason I went with them. I also really like the form factor and build quality.

In the end there are many great streamer products out there. I do think Sonos and Bluesound are offer some of the best value. After a few months of using one I can't imagine my system without it.

Good luck in your search.

Cheers,

Scott