Thread: Blunders
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 02:08 AM

Color me stupid. This afternoon I was listening to Gil Evans album “Out of the Cool,” which has a diagram on the inside of the gatefold showing where the instruments were during the recording sessions. It shows the trombones on the left, but I was hearing them on the right. The trumpets were coming from the left, but the diagram has them on the right. So out came the Hi-Fi News test lp, and lo and behold, the channels were reversed. I quickly tracked it down to the cables from preamp to amp, which I apparently reversed at the amp end when I installed my new Alpha interconnects a couple of weeks ago. So for two weeks I’ve been listening with the channels reversed and been none the wiser. Some audiophile. My only excuse is I’ve been listening to a lot of new music I’m not familiar with - but not all of it was new[emoji853]
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2